Panel Discussion: Technology – is this the future of working?
2020-06-10T14:05:00 2020-06-10T14:05:00 - 2020-06-10T14:50:00
Technology has become a lifeline for businesses in the midst of the Covid-19 pandemic – not only enabling many employees to carry on working, but also empowering companies to keep in touch with their people across the globe, to help keep them safe – and perhaps most importantly, facilitating vital social contact across borders and time zones. But how will this experience affect the way we work when we come out of lockdown?
• Is ‘going into the office’ really necessary anymore?
• What effect has working from home had on productivity?
• Are organizations able to effectively track work being carried out – and learning from the spot-check contact-tracing in the APAC regions, do they have the means to track for potential immigration tax and social security liabilities?
• What can we learn from this experience in terms of supporting assignees’ physical and mental health? How successful have communications been in this sphere?
• How will the effects of Covid-19 impact on Global Mobility itself and what does GM need from technology to be able work smarter in the future?